17 April 2008

Times of Need

I have always wondered what would happen if something went wrong with my scooter or if I got sick at NPUST. Yesterday, I found out. I woke up yesterday with a headache, which most of you know that that isn't such a big shock. I thought it was the heat. I got to NPUST and began to feel tired. One of my students said I could go to his house and lay down. I slept for about 2 hours. When I awoke, I didn't want to move. To make a long story short, I was sick, in a bad way. I was sweating, dizzy, couldn't stand without guidance, headache...... so bad. Four of my friends, can't call them students anymore, really helped me. It was like I had 4 nurses. They even held my hand to comfort me. Finally, the doctor's office opened and we went. I don't know what I would have done without them. I am so thankful for them. In my time of need, God provided the support I needed. THANK YOU Rei Ting, Jerry, Lemon, and John. You really are good friends.

It was also interesting that, I, too, became a provider in some one's life. I began to feel better about an hour after the shot. I decided I would try to go home. I was a little worried about it. As I was leaving John's apartment, I saw Carlos across the street. He told me that he was waiting for the bus to go to Pingtung. I gladly asked if he wanted me to give him a ride. He said OK and I drove him to the train station in Pingtung. I need him to make sure I didn't fall asleep and to drive, if necessary. I am glad that I was able to help him in return.

It never ceases to amaze me how God works in everything.

No comments: