18 June 2008

Finally.......

After waiting 22 years, I can finally say: Celtics NBA Champions!!!!

It was a great season for all Boston fans. Being from Arkansas, we don't have any professional sports in our state. One night, a long time ago, I was watching an NBA game on TV between the Celtics and the Hawks. I said whoever won the game would be my team. That night, the Celtics won. I didn't know much about the NBA at that time, I was only 7.

The Celtics had the biggest turnaround in NBA history. After only winning 24 games last year, they won 66 this year. And the way they won tonight was just incredible. Being a Celtic fan, it's always sweeter when they beat the Lakers. Tonight, they didn't just beat the Lakers. As one commentator stated, "they got obliterated." 131-92.

Celtics win the series 4-2. The interesting stat in the series for me is this: LA averaged 115 points a game in the playoffs. Against the Celtics, they hit the century mark only twice. Both times was barely over 100. They went 1-1 in those games.

Congrats to Pierce, Garnett, and Allen on winning their 1st Championship. It's long overdue!

No comments: